Social media has been an integral part of our personal, professional and business life.
In the digital business marketing world, social media is a giant that you can’t ignore.
Let us hear from some of the most influential and known social media marketing practitioners and influencers I admire.
1. Tell a story. Make it true. Make it compelling. And make it relevant. – Rand Fishkin
Rand Fishkin is the Co-founder and the former CEO of SEOMoz. One of the most reputable firms in the field of marketing and search engine optimization tools and resources.
He is better known as the Wizard of Moz and hosts the very popular Whiteboard Friday among online marketers.
In 2009, he was named among the 30 Best Young Tech Entrepreneurs Under 30 by BusinessWeek
2. If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends. – Jeff Bezos
Amazon is Jeff Bezos. You can’t separate one from the other.
Jeff is the Founder and Chairman of the world’s largest online shopping retailer, Amazon.com.
If he doesn’t know marketing, then who does?
I’ll just leave it with this fact, do you know his net worth for 2017 according to Forbes is 82.9 billion dollars.
Do I need to say more?
3. The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army. – Jay Baer
Jay Baer is the founder of the digital marketing agency Convince and Convert.
He is a digital expert and practitioner for more than 24 years.
His roster of known clients are Nike, Cisco, Columbia Sportswear, 3M, Caterpillar, Walmart, Comcast, Hilton and Oracle and a lot more.
He is a member of the member of the Word of Mouth Marketing Hall of Fame.
4. Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories, you tell. – Seth Godin
Godin is the founder of Squidoo and Yoyodyne and has been very successful during that time.
He has authored 18 books and it has been translated into more than 35 languages.
He was inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame in 2013.
He is still writing books about marketing and leadership.
5. A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is- It is what consumers tell each other what it is. – Scott Cook.
He is the co-founder of Intuit, a successful a business and financial software company.
Scott Cook is also a director of eBay and Proctor and Gamble.
He has an MBA from Harvard and owns shares in Facebook and other small startup companies.
6. We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media. The question is how well we do it. – Eric Qualman
Eric is the author of the highly successful book Socialnomics, which is reputed to be held in 1090 libraries.
Eric Qualman has a BA in Marketing from Michigan State University. he also has a MBA from the McCombs School of Business of the University of Texas.
He worked in online marketing and eBusiness functions at Cadillac & Pontiac (1994–97), AT&T (1998–2000), Yahoo (2000–03), EarthLink (2003–05) and Travelzoo (Head of Marketing 2005-08).
He is one of the Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers in 2013, according to Forbes.
His website is https://equalman.com/
7. The strength of your social media is determined by the strength of your content – Haroon Rashid
Mr. Rashid is the Head of Digital Marketing for Khemeia Consulting Limited.
He is in charge of all digital marketing training and coaching.
He is an internationally known marketer and host of the international online show, Haroon’s Hangout.
8. Social Media is here. It’s not going away; not a passing fad. Be where your customers are: In Social media. – Lori Ruff
Lori Ruff is one of the most connected woman on LinkedIn. She is known as The LinkedIn Diva.
She is considered one of the most influential women in social media.
9. Social media marketing is the process of creating content that is tailored to the context of each individual social media platform, in order to drive user engagement and sharing. – Neil Patel
Neil Patel has been helping big companies increase their revenues for years. Companies like NBC, Viacom, GM, and Amazon have benefited from the knowledge that Neil has imparted.
He is the co-founder of successful companies like Crazy Egg and KISSMetrics.
Hailed by the Wall Street Journal as a top web influencer and at the same time, Forbes magazine recognizes him as one of the Top 10 Online Marketers.
Hope you got some ideas on what they know and has given to the world of digital marketing and most of all, I hope you all get inspired.
Me? I sure did.
See you around.